Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So I cannot stop listening to Jewel; her first album, at least.

Who will save your soul?

She is so amazing.

It's a bit ironic that I attend a Catholic college full of people who couldn't give a shit about God. That's fine, they are allowed their beliefs, and I'm not about to push my own down their throats. But when you're Irish Catholic...there's really no escape from it. Hence why I am known around the school as 'churchie'. Yes, I attend church every Sunday, what's the fucking deal? Irish Catholicism is not just a religion. It's a fucking way of life. We've been persecuted for 1000 years or more because we're so steadfast with our beliefs. Yes, my father and his family had experiences with the Troubles, hence why they came over here. 

I place a great lot of weight on my faith, and I have found that it has always come through for me. My faith is the reason why I am so...morally, and ethically, conscious. Granted, I don't agree with the Catholic Church on everything (abortion, gay marriage, divorce etc.) but it plays a huge role in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment